Gray, Georgia Weather


EMA director gives advice to avoid common kitchen fires
by Debbie Lurie-Smith
Nov 01, 2012 | 1323 views | 0 0 comments | 3 3 recommendations | email to a friend | print
A grease fire was the cause of a blaze that destroyed a mobile home and displaced a family of three last week.

According to a press release by the Jones County Emergency Management Agency, the structure fire on Mountain Springs Road was reported at 6:03 p.m. Oct. 24. Fire Chief Don Graham said firefighters arrived to find a doublewide modular-type home with smoke coming from the roof.

He said firefighters entered the residence and encountered heavy fire conditions in the kitchen area.

“The blaze was suppressed quickly, but the heat and smoke exposure inside was severe to more than 70 percent of the dwelling’s contents,” Graham said.

He said homeowners Steve Fowler, his wife Jennifer, and daughter were at home when the fire broke out.

“It was reported that Mrs. Fowler was cooking supper when the grease she was cooking with caught fire. The homeowners attempted to put out the grease fire with water, which caused the fire to spread rapidly.”

For the full story, pick up a copy of this week's newspaper or subscribe to our e-Edition at http://ee.jcnews.com.
Comments
(0)
Comments-icon Post a Comment
No Comments Yet