JCS Title I meetings
• Gray Station Middle School will hold its annual Title I parent meeting on September 13, at 8:30 a.m., and 5:30 a.m., in the Professional Learning Room. There are two session times for parent’s convenience. All parents and families are encouraged to attend.
• Jones County High School will hold its annual Title I parent meeting on September 20, at 5:30 p.m., and September 21, at 9 a.m. There are two session times for parents’ convenience. All parents and families are encouraged to attend.
Teachers’ appreciation reception
Jones County History and Heritage will be hosting a reception to show appreciation of teachers and educators. This reception will be held in the Museum of Education located in the W.E. Knox Civic Center on Thursday, September 13, from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. All teachers, currently teaching and retired, are welcome to attend.
Jackson family reunion
The family of George Washington Jackson Sr. and Dolly King Jackson will hold the 2018 (87th consecutive) Jackson Family Reunion Sunday, September 16, beginning at 12:45 p.m., at the home of Dot and Bruce Yandle in Round Oak.
Station 8 open house and BBQ
Jones County Fire Department Station 8, on Gray Highway, is having its annual open house and barbecue fundraiser, Saturday, September 22, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be prepared by Station 8’s cooking crew and will include their own local “Snow’s Famous Brunswick Stew”. Plates are $7.00 including drinks. Everyone is invited to attend.
Dudley M. Hughes reunion
The Dudley M. Hughes class of 1968 will be hosting a school reunion, Saturday, September 29. Classes from 1964 to 1972 are invited to attend. For more information, please contact Peggy Richitt Castrovillari at 478-972-2845, Lillian Barlow Shapard at 770-228-5934, or email DudleyHughesReunion1968@aol.com.
DFES school council
Dames Ferry will be holding their school council meetings on the following dates
• Friday, October 5 at 7:30 a.m.
• Wednesday, January 2, 2019 at
7:30 a.m. Location DFES
• Thursday, March 14, 2019 at
3:15 p.m. Location DFES
• Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at
5:30 p.m. Location TDB
Maggie Califf Class of 1968 reunion
Maggie Califf High School Class of 1968 is planning their 50th class reunion for Oct. 6, 2018. For more information, contact Ada Redding at 478-319-1920 or Larry Tuft at 478-283-1209.
Ocmulgee Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) new volunteer training will begin on Monday October 15, at 1 p.m. at the Baldwin Early Learning Center, 100 S. ABC Street in Milledgeville. CASAs advocate for the best interests of children in foster care.
Ellis Chapel Baptist Church
Ellis Chapel Baptist Church is sponsoring a trip to Noah’s Ark in Williamtowns, Kentucky, September 14-16. They will be staying at Holiday Inn and Suites. The price of the trip is $100 for the bus ride and $50 for the tick to Noah’s Ark and the lunch voucher. The rooms are $122.71 per night for two nights. When making your reservation, call 859-493-0900 and use code Ellis Chapel Baptist Church. For more information, call Lizzie Hardy at 986-9105 or 491-0090.
White Chapel AME Church
White Chapel AME Church, located at 2370 Old Highway 11, Round Oak, GA 31038, will be celebrating Family and Friends’ Day, Sunday, September 16, at 2:00 p.m. The speaker will be Rev. Clinton Brown, of Parker’s Chapel AME in Culloden. For more information, call 986-4281.
Body of Christ Church
Body of Christ Church, 4025 Gray Highway in Gray, along with Bishop and Mrs. Joe L. Ridley, will be having a two-night family conference Thursday and Friday, September 20 and 21, at 7:30 p.m. They will be providing biblical instruction for the whole family. The guest minister will be a Jones County native, Pastor Michael Sherman of Wynnton Hill Baptist Church in Columbus. The public is invited.
• The JCHS FFA Alumni Chapter meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. inside the JCHS lunchroom. Membership is open to anyone, even if they were not a former FFA member.
• Al-Anon meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 126 Senior Center Way at 8:00 p.m. For information, call 986-7885.
• AA meets at the American Legion Building every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 8:00 p.m. For more information, call 986-3207.
• St. Paul AME Church will be having a clothing bank every Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at 127 Saint Paul Church Circle.
• Narconon of Georgia offers help for drug and alcohol addiction. For more information, call Narconon of Georgia at 1-877-413-3073 or visit www.drugsno.com. Narconon offers referrals, free assessments, drug education and outpatient rehabilitation.
• The Jones County Kiwanis Club meets every Monday in the fellowship hall of Gray Baptist Church at 6:30 p.m.
• New Harvest Church of God, 12689 Highway 87, Juliette, hosts a community prayer service every Monday in the sanctuary at 6:30 p.m.; it does not end until everyone is finished praying. Everyone is invited. For more information, contact pastor Mark Moore, (478) 993-6705, or Tina McMurray, (478) 957-7299.
• The Gray City Council meets the first Monday of each month at the D.V. Childs Civic Center at 6:00 p.m.
• The Gray Jaycees meet the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m., at Gray 8 Skate
• The Jones County High School Softball Booster Club meets the first Monday of each month in the high school lunchroom at 6:30 p.m.
• American Legion Post 142 meets the first Monday of each month at 314 Old Clinton Road (directly behind Tri-County EMC) at 6:30 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com.
• The Jones County Cruisers meet the first Monday of each month at Agave Azul Mexican Restaurant at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The Gray Downtown Development Authority meets the second Monday of each month in the conference room at City Hall at noon.
• The Jones County Amateur Radio Society (JCARS) meets the first Thursday of each month at the Jones County EMA office classroom on Industrial Boulevard in Gray at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Amateur Radio License testing begins at 5:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at this same location. For more information, call Gary at 737-2077.
• The Jones County High School Touchdown Club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, contact Lee Perkins, (478) 973-2018.
• Wesley men’s chorus is beginning to work on their holiday season/Christmas music program. They will meet every Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. at Wesley Music in Downtown Gray. They also welcome boys whose parents will stay with their child and youth who can drive. There are no membership fees and there is no audition. There is no charge for music unless you wish to keep it. If you are interested in singing with them, contact Glenn W. Harrell at 986-7093 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You must give advance notice of your intent to sing with the chorus.
• The Jones County Children In Care Parent’s Association meets the third Monday of each month at Elam Baptist Church from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Cruisers have their monthly cruise-in the third Monday of each month at Chevy’s at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The City of Gray Historic Preservation Commission meets the first Tuesday of each month in City Hall’s conference room at 6:00 p.m.
• The Marine Corps League Detachment #970 meets the first Tuesday of each month at United Community Church, 2411 Heath Road, Macon, at 6:00 p.m. For further information, call Ed Barbee, 960-3917.
• The Sexual Assault Survivors (SAS) group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Reflections Psychotherapy LLC from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. For more information, call
(706) 224-3396 or email email@example.com.
• The Jones County High School Band Boosters meet the second Tuesday of each month in the band room or the lunch room at 6:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Board of Commissioners meets the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Charlotte C. Wilson Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
• The alumni of Whittle Elementary School, Spring Street, Macon, meet the second Tuesday of each month at Fresh Air Bar-BQue, 3070 Riverside Drive in Macon, at 11:30 a.m. For more information, call Mike King, (478) 994-6757, or email Bobby Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Old Capital Car Club meets the second Tuesday of each month at the IHOP, Wal-Mart Market Central, 2598 N. Columbia St. in Milledgeville, at 6:30 p.m. for dinner, followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. All auto enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information, call (478) 453-0295.
• The Domestic Violence Survivors (DVS) group meets the third Tuesday of each month at Reflections Psychotherapy LLC from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. For more information, call
(706) 224-3396 or email email@example.com.
• The Young At Heart covered-dish luncheon and program of First Baptist Church meets the last Tuesday of each month, 11:45 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
• Greater Faith Revelational Outreach Ministries, 1501 Highway 22 East, Haddock, distributes free nonperishable canned goods every Wednesday from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. This food bank ministry is free for those who are in need. Monetary donations, as well as canned goods, are also accepted. Their prayer line is also open from 11:30 a.m. - 12:45 p.m. Call 361-1303, 932-0142 or 932-5760.
• The Jones County Rotary Club meets every Wednesday at Agave Azul.
• The Keep Jones Beautiful Commission meets the third Wednesday of each month at the W.E. Knox Civic Center in the Tammy Brittain Conference Room at 11:00 a.m.
• Hearts Of Love Covenant Community Medical Clinic, 221 Gray Highway, Gray, is open every Thursday from 4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m., with a physician and three PAs there. Income eligibility requirements must be met. For more information, contact the clinic director, Goldie Hicks, 731-9961, or Beth Fox, office manager, 361-1554.
• Greater Faith is sponsoring “Men Laying It On The Line” every Thursday from 6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
• New Hope Baptist Church meets every Thursday at 7:00 p.m. for their prayer vigil and community visitation.
• Greater Faith is sponsoring a Christ-centered drug addiction and alcohol treatment program every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. in the church sanctuary. Prayer time and Bible study are from 7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. For more information, contact Lavonne Reaves: church, 932-5760; home, 452-2708.
• The Jones County Board of Assessors meets the first Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m. in the assessors office at the Jones County Government Center.
• Sincerity Lodge #430 meets the first and third Thursday of each month. The first Thursday’s meeting time is 7:30 p.m., and the third Thursday’s meeting is at 7:30 p.m., with supper served at 6:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Lions Club meets the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 7:00 p.m.
• Jones County PETS meets the second and fourth Thursday of each month at Chevy’s Pizza in Gray at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Anita Skinner, 256-6458, or Ed Elliott, 477-4180.
• Gray Church of God, 137 Monticello Highway, has a thrift store outreach, open every Friday and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., with many household items, clothing, decorations, furniture, appliances, baby items, knickknacks, etc. There is a drop box for donations. For more information, or to have items picked up, call 986-0244.
• St. Paul AME Church, 127 St. Paul Church Circle, Gray/Clinton, sponsors a clothing bank the first Saturday of each month, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. There are free clothes for adults (men and women) and children. For more information, call 986-9412 or 986-3577.