Submit your events to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Jones County News
In observance of Independence Day, our office will be closed Friday, July 3.
Spencer-Williams family reunion
The Spencer-Williams family will be celebrating their family reunion in Orlando, FL, July 10-12, and returning July 13. The total per person is $200 ($125 for the roundtrip bus and $75 for events Friday and Saturday). Not included in the price is hotel accommodations by Springhill Suites Orlando at Millenia or the T-shirts. If you just want a weekend getaway to visit family and friends, you can join them round trip for $125. Contact Carolyn S. Shinholster at 986-6378 or 251-4958, Lizzie S. Hardy at 986-9105 or 234-1013, or Mattie Bryant at 986- 5626 or 284-8462 for more information.
• The JCHS FFA Alumni Chapter meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. inside the JCHS lunchroom. Membership is open to anyone, even if they were not a former FFA member.
• Al-Anon meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 126 Senior Center Way at 8:00 p.m. For information, call 986-7885.
• AA meets at the American Legion Building every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 8:00 p.m. For more information, call 986- 3207.
• St. Paul AME Church will be having a clothing bank the first Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at 127 Saint Paul Church Circle.
• Narconon of Georgia offers help for drug and alcohol addiction. For more information, call Narconon of Georgia at 1-877-413- 3073 or visit www.drugsno. com. Narconon offers referrals, free assessments, drug education and outpatient rehabilitation.
• Velma McFadden Missionary Food Bank, located at Greater Jordan Chapel Church in Haddock, will be open the first Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until noon. The mobile food truck will be open every fourth Wednesday from 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Kiwanis Club meets every Monday in the fellowship hall of Gray Baptist Church at 6:30 p.m.
• New Harvest Church of God, 12689 Highway 87, Juliette, hosts a community prayer service every Monday in the sanctuary at 6:30 p.m.; it does not end until everyone is finished praying. Everyone is invited. For more information, contact pastor Mark Moore, (478) 993-6705, or Tina McMurray, (478) 957-7299.
• The Gray City Council meets the first Monday of each month at the D.V. Childs Civic Center at 6:00 p.m.
• The Gray Jaycees meet the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m., in the lobby of Main Street,109 James Street, downtown Gray. For more information, contact Gray Jaycee President, Michael Fields at 414-8087.
• Gray Station Middle school council meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
• The Jones County High School Softball Booster Club meets the first Monday of each month in the high school lunchroom at 6:30 p.m.
• American Legion Post 142 meets the first Tuesday of each month at 314 Old Clinton Road (directly behind Tri-County EMC) at 6:30 p.m. For more information, email graylegionpost142@ windstream.net.
• The Jones County Cruisers meet the first Monday of each month at Agave Azul Mexican Restaurant at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The Gray Downtown Development Authority meets the second Monday of each month in the conference room at City Hall at noon.
• The Jones County Amateur Radio Society (JCARS) meets the first Thursday of each month at the Jones County EMA office classroom on Industrial Boulevard in Gray at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Amateur Radio License testing begins at 5:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at this same location. For more information, call Gary at 737-2077.
• The Jones County Democratic Party meets the fourth Monday in each month September - May at the W.E. Knox Civic Center.
• The Jones County High School Touchdown Club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, contact Lee Perkins, (478) 973-2018.
• The Jones County Children In Care Parent’s Association meets the third Monday of each month at Elam Baptist Church from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Cruisers have their monthly cruise-in the third Monday of each month at Chevy’s at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The City of Gray Historic Preservation Commission meets the first Tuesday of each month in City Hall’s conference room at 6:00 p.m.
• The Marine Corps League Detachment #970 meets the first Tuesday of each month at United Community Church, 2411 Heath Road, Macon, at 6:00 p.m. For further information, call Ed Barbee, 960-3917.
• The Sexual Assault Survivors (SAS) group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Reflections Psychotherapy LLC from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. For more information, call (706) 224-3396 or email email@example.com.
• The Jones County High School Band Boosters meet the second Tuesday of each month in the band room or the lunch room at 6:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Board of Commissioners meets the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Charlotte C. Wilson Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
• The alumni of Whittle Elementary School, Spring Street, Macon, meet the second Tuesday of each month at Fresh Air Bar-B-Que, 3070 Riverside Drive in Macon, at 11:30 a.m. For more information, call Mike King, (478) 994-6757, or email Bobby Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.