Morton Johnson scholarship
Students interested in applying for the Morton Johnson scholarship for the 2020- 2021 school year may pick up an application at the Jones County High School counselor’s office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be postmarked by April 15. For more information, please call Mrs. Cynthia Young at 936-0078 or Mrs. Patsy Childs at 986-3410.
Miriam Ethridge Pilot Club scholarship
Applications for the Miriam Ethridge Pilot Club of Jones County scholarships are currently being accepted. Two scholarships will be offered for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications for the scholarships are available to any high school senior who is a resident of Jones County. Application forms may be obtained from the counselors’ office at Jones County High School, or any of the following locations in Gray: Ace Hardware or Morris Bank. The deadline for receiving scholarships is April 24. Please direct any questions to Rose Anne Fielder 706-816-6482 or rad243@earthlink. net.
• The Jones County Extension Office will have a Forestry and Wildlife Field Day April 3.
• The Jones County Extension Office will have a Livestock Marketing and Weather Outlook Program April 7.
“Paw”sitive Strides fundraiser
There will be a “Paw”sitive Strides dog walk fundraiser Saturday, April 25, from 9:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. at Jones County dog park, 166 Industrial Blvd., Gray. The cost is $10 per dog or a bag of dog food per dog. There will be raffle prizes and microchips. For more information, call 986-1427.
Spencer-Williams family reunion
The Spencer-Williams family will be celebrating their family reunion in Orlando, FL, July 10-12, and returning July 13. The total per person is $200 ($125 for the round-trip bus and $75 for events Friday and Saturday). Not included in the price is hotel accommodations by Springhill Suites Orlando at Millenia or the t-shirts. If you just want a weekend getaway to visit family and friends, you can join them round trip for $125. Contact Carolyn S. Shinholster at 986-6378 or 251-4958, Lizzie S. Hardy at 986-9105 or 234-1013, or Mattie Bryant at 986-5626 or 284-8462 for more information.
First Baptist Church
Due to the coronavirus, Grand Ole Opry Night at First Baptist Church in Gray has been cancelled. It will be re-scheduled for a later date.
Bradley Baptist Church
• Bradley Baptist Church will be having a welcome back Sunday March 29 at 10:00 a.m. They will have communion and a meal will be served afterwards. Everyone invited.
• Bradley Baptist Church will be having Jews for Jesus Christ Passover service April 5, Psalm Sunday. Service will be at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. Everyone is welcome.
Gordon First Baptist Church
Gordon First Baptist Church will be having a community wide Easter egg hunt April 11 at the Gordon walking track on Pine Street. The Easter Bunny will arrive at 11:00 a.m. There will be door prizes, food, and baked goods. The age groups are 0-3 years old, 4-6 years old, and 7-11 years old.
• The JCHS FFA Alumni Chapter meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. inside the JCHS lunchroom. Membership is open to anyone, even if they were not a former FFA member.
• Al-Anon meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 126 Senior Center Way at 8:00 p.m. For information, call 986-7885.
• AA meets at the American Legion Building every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 8:00 p.m. For more information, call 986-3207.
Submit your events to email@example.com
See more events and a regional events calendar online at www.jcnews.com
LOOK FOR THE CALENDAR MENU ITEM