Morton Johnson scholarship
Students interested in applying for the Morton Johnson scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year, may pick up an application at the Jones County High School counselor’s office or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must be postmarked by April 30. For more information, please call Mrs. Cynthia Young at 936-0078 or Mrs. Patsy Childs at 986-3410.
Miriam Ethridge Pilot Club scholarship
Applications for the Miriam Ethridge Pilot Club of Jones County scholarships are currently being accepted. Two scholarships will be offered for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications for the scholarships are available to any high school senior who is a resident of Jones County. Application forms may be obtained from the counselors’ office at Jones County High School, or any of the following locations in Gray: Ace Hardware or Morris Bank. The deadline for receiving scholarships is April 24. Please direct any questions to Rose Anne Fielder 706-816- 6482 or email@example.com.
Norma Greene Butler Marsh Scholarship
Bradley Baptist Church is currently accepting applications for the Norma Greene Butler Marsh Scholarships. Three scholarships will be offered for the 2019-2020 school year. Applications are available to any graduating senior (only Jones County residents) attending Jones County High School in Gray. Application information may be obtained from the counselor’s office at Jones County High School or from Bradley Baptist Church, at 986-4995. Applications may be picked up at Bradley Baptist Church, 821 Monticello Highway, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. Deadline for applications is April 24, 2020 (postmarked 4-24-2020). Please direct any questions to Tharpe Greene at firstname.lastname@example.org or 986-8638.
For the month of April Nikon is offering free courses in photography at https://www. nikonevents.com/us/live/nikon-school-online/.
War Days canceled
Old Clinton War Days has been canceled.
The Gray Garden Club will be having their annual daylily display and plant sale Saturday, June 6 at the W.E. Knox Civic Center.
Spencer-Williams family reunion
The Spencer-Williams family will be celebrating their family reunion in Orlando, FL, July 10-12, and returning July 13. The total per person is $200 ($125 for the round-trip bus and $75 for events Friday and Saturday). Not included in the price is hotel accommodations by Springhill Suites Orlando at Millenia or the t-shirts. If you just want a weekend getaway to visit family and friends, you can join them round trip for $125. Contact Carolyn S. Shinholster at 986-6378 or 251-4958, Lizzie S. Hardy at 986-9105 or 234- 1013, or Mattie Bryant at 986-5626 or 284-8462 for more information.
• The JCHS FFA Alumni Chapter meets the second Monday of every month at 6:30 p.m. inside the JCHS lunchroom. Membership is open to anyone, even if they were not a former FFA member.
• Al-Anon meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 126 Senior Center Way at 8:00 p.m. For information, call 986-7885.
• AA meets at the American Legion Building every Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday at 8:00 p.m. For more information, call 986-3207.
• St. Paul AME Church will be having a clothing bank the first Saturday of every month from 10:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. at 127 Saint Paul Church Circle.
• Narconon of Georgia offers help for drug and alcohol addiction. For more information, call Narconon of Georgia at 1-877-413-3073 or visit www.drugsno.com. Narconon offers referrals, free assessments, drug education and out-patient rehabilitation.
• Velma McFadden Missionary Food Bank, located at Greater Jordan Chapel Church in Haddock, will be open the first Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until noon. The mobile food truck will be open every fourth Wednesday from 1:00 - 3:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Kiwanis Club meets every Monday in the fellowship hall of Gray Baptist Church at 6:30 p.m.
• New Harvest Church of God, 12689 Highway 87, Juliette, hosts a community prayer service every Monday in the sanctuary at 6:30 p.m.; it does not end until everyone is finished praying. Everyone is invited. For more information, contact pastor Mark Moore, (478) 993-6705, or Tina McMurray, (478) 957-7299.
• The Gray City Council meets the first Monday of each month at the D.V. Childs Civic Center at 6:00 p.m.
• The Gray Jaycees meet the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m., in the lobby of Main Street,109 James Street, downtown Gray. For more information, contact Gray Jaycee President, Michael Fields at 414-8087.
• Gray Station Middle school council meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month.
• The Jones County High School Softball Booster Club meets the first Monday of each month in the high school lunchroom at 6:30 p.m.
• American Legion Post 142 meets the first Tuesday of each month at 314 Old Clinton Road (directly behind Tri-County EMC) at 6:30 p.m. For more information, email email@example.com.
• The Jones County Cruisers meet the first Monday of each month at Agave Azul Mexican Restaurant at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The Gray Downtown Development Authority meets the second Monday of each month in the conference room at City Hall at noon.
• The Jones County Amateur Radio Society (JCARS) meets the first Thursday of each month at the Jones County EMA office classroom on Industrial Boulevard in Gray at 6:30 p.m. All are welcome. Amateur Radio License testing begins at 5:00 p.m. on the first Thursday of each month at this same location. For more information, call Gary at 737-2077.
• The Jones County Democratic Party meets the fourth Monday in each month September - May at the W.E. Knox Civic Center.
• The Jones County High School Touchdown Club meets the first Thursday of each month. For more information, contact Lee Perkins, (478) 973-2018.
• The Jones County Children In Care Parent’s Association meets the third Monday of each month at Elam Baptist Church from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Cruisers have their monthly cruise-in the third Monday of each month at Chevy’s at 7:00 p.m. For more information, call Tim Stewart, 361-8117.
• The City of Gray Historic Preservation Commission meets the first Tuesday of each month in City Hall’s conference room at 6:00 p.m.
• The Marine Corps League Detachment #970 meets the first Tuesday of each month at United Community Church, 2411 Heath Road, Macon, at 6:00 p.m. For further information, call Ed Barbee, 960-3917.
• The Sexual Assault Survivors (SAS) group meets the first Tuesday of each month at Reflections Psychotherapy LLC from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. For more information, call (706) 224-3396 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Jones County High School Band Boosters meet the second Tuesday of each month in the band room or the lunch room at 6:30 p.m.
• The Jones County Board of Commissioners meets the first and third Tuesday of each month in the Charlotte C. Wilson Conference Room at 6:00 p.m.
• The alumni of Whittle Elementary School, Spring Street, Macon, meet the second Tuesday of each month at Fresh Air Bar-B-Que, 3070 Riverside Drive in Macon, at 11:30 a.m. For more information, call Mike King, (478) 994-6757, or email Bobby Sanders at email@example.com.
• The Old Capital Car Club meets the second Tuesday of each month at the IHOP, WalMart Market Central, 2598 N. Columbia St. in Milledgeville, at 6:30 p.m. for dinner, followed by the meeting at 7:30 p.m. All auto enthusiasts are invited to attend. For more information, call (478) 453-0295.
• Gray Garden Club meets on the first Tuesday of the month at the Tri-County EMC conference room at 10:00 a.m.
Submit your events to firstname.lastname@example.org
See more events and a regional events calendar online at www.jcnews.com
LOOK FOR THE CALENDAR MENU ITEM