THIS RECIPE IS A GREAT ADDITION TO ANY EASTER GET TOGETHER. IT’S COLORS ALONE ARE AN INVITING SOFT PASTEL COLOR, LIKE THE COLORS ASSOCIATED WITH EASTER.
Lemon Glazed Pound Cake
12 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
4 large eggs
1/4 cup whole milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups flour
SORSHIP 1 tsp baking powder
SORSHIP 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice plus more, as needed
• Preheat oven to 325 F.
• Spray an 8”x4” loaf pan with cooking spray and line with a piece of parchment paper that covers the bottom and with an inch extending past the top of the pan.
• Crack eggs into a measuring cup and set aside.
• In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
• Beat mixture for about 4 minutes.
• Add the eggs one at a time and mix well.
• Scrape down the sides of the bowl, as needed. Beat in the lemon juice and vanilla.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking powder.
• With the mixer on low, add the flour mixture to the butter mixture one cup at a time. Do not over mix.
• Scrape into prepared 8”x4” loaf pan and level batter. Bake in preheated oven for 55-60 minutes, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Allow to cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then run a knife along the short ends and use the parchment paper edges to lift and remove from pan.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack.
• While loaf is still a little warm, prepare the glaze, adding enough lemon juice to make a pourable glaze.
• Place a baking tray under the cooling rack to catch any drips and spoon glaze slowly over top of loaf, allowing it to drip down the sides a bit. Cool completely, then slice and enjoy.