A showdown was reported in the Freddy’s drive-thru around 11 o’clock Sunday morning. A man in a blue Mini Cooper reportedly pulled a gun on a man in a maroon pickup truck after the man in the pickup truck exited his vehicle and approached the Mini Cooper, according to an incident report.
The cashier later relayed to officers that “a Mini Cooper pulled up (to) the window, she gave the white male his total, and that’s when (the cashier) saw him pull a gun and point it at the truck behind him.”
Security video showed “a blue Mini Cooper pull up to the window and then a maroon pickup truck. (The driver) of the truck gets out of the truck and walks up to the rear side of the (Mini Cooper) and starts a conversation with the driver. As (the man) walks back to his truck, you can see the driver of the Mini Cooper is holding something out of the window.”
The license plate was not readable in the video. The case remains active.
Three entering autos were reported around Carrington Woods late Sunday night and/or early Monday morning. Two occurred on Holly Hill Road and one on Elmwood Road. A Ruger .380 handgun was reported stolen during one of the incidents.
• A vehicle window in the Oconee Center parking lot on Orchard Hill Road was shattered by a 4-by-4 late last week, according to an incident report.
• Quanita Inez Head, listed with a Covington address, and Shanoval Renee Farley, listed with a Putnam County address, were issued shoplifting citations after reportedly phantom swiping roughly $80 worth of items at Walmart.
• Break-ins, thefts and/or entering autos were reported in the 2340 block of Anthony Way and the new Holiday Inn parking lot.
• Three Macon men were arrested last week after reportedly breaking into Weaver Brothers Furniture and leading officers on a foot chase around Garrett Way. The three men eventually were apprehended inside of the Shell station at the Roberson Mill Road intersection, and a Glock .40 caliber handgun was recovered from one of the restrooms, according to an incident report.
• Warrants for possession of ecstasy and possession of drug-related objects were issued for Jordan Kyle Sanford following an incident in the 690 block of Ga. 49. Sanford also is accused of “damaging items inside the residence.”
Break-ins, thefts and/or entering autos were reported in the 1670 block of Woodbine Avenue, the Garza/Ogden trailer park, the 100 block of Martin Drive, the 2380 block of Irwinton Road and the 1360 block of Irwinton Road.