A cluster of entering autos were reported in the Water’s Edge subdivision off of Log Cabin Road.
A .9 milimeter handgun was reported from one vehicle and a book bag full of electronics from another.
All totaled, four entering auto incident reports were recorded from Water’s Edge, while another one was taken from an entering auto on nearby GMC Road. In each of the incidents, “contents were strewn around” the inside of the vehicles.
This marks the second rash of entering autos around Water’s Edge in the last nine months. Late last year, numerous incidents also were reported, and a man was later arrested.
• Matthew Ryan Sauls, 35, was arrested and charged with child molestation, aggravated sexual battery and probation violation. The charges stem from 2017, when Sauls is accused of inappropriately touching two females underneath their clothes. One of the reported victims was 10 at the time and the other 11.
• Someone reportedly spray painted “TALK YO (EXPLETIVE) NOW. WRONG (EXPLETIVE)” onto the side of a home on Sugarberry Drive.
• A female subject going by the name “Signe Nelson” is attempting to scam people on Facebook via gift cards and CashApp, according to an incident report.
• Thefts, break-ins and/or entering autos were reported in the 100 block of Fraley Ferry Road, the 150 block of Princeton Drive, the 120 block of Lumpkin Road, the 170 block of Admiralty Way and the Tall Oaks trailer park.
• James Gartrell Lee, 54, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and probation violation after reportedly shooting a family member in the leg in the Boddie projects. The argument stemmed from a pair of shoes, according to an incident report. Lee also led officers on a brief foot chase through the woods.
• A 72-year-old man was arrested in front of Amici after “becoming unruly” inside of the restaurant and uncooperative with officers on the sidewalk, according to an incident report. John Michael Selby was charged with public drunkenness and disorderly conduct.
• Someone knocked over a basketball goal in Duplex City and broke it.
• Another resident of Baldwin Park Senior Village reported that someone sprayed weed killer or bleach on her flowers, bringing the total to three.
• Thefts, break-ins and/or entering autos were reported in the 1120 block of South Elbert Street and the 640 block of West McIntosh Street.