Evergreen Blaze: Apparent cause is heat lamp to keep pet warm in winter
A heater inside a doghouse at a residence on Southern Walk Circle in Gray is cited as the cause of a fire that destroyed the home.
Emergency Management Agency Director and Fire Chief Don Graham said the Jones County Fire Department responded to a reported garage on fire at approximately 1 p.m. March 18 in the Evergreen Plantation subdivision.
He said firefighters arrived at the Southern Walk Circle residence to find a single-story dwelling with heavy fire. Graham said firemen from the City of Gray and Jones County arrived quickly to set up a defensive operation due to the heavy fire’s involvement and high wind conditions.